Why I Love Religion, and Love Jesus
Confirmation Requirement Checklist
Service Log Complete Due April 2020 Submit to Amy Gaekle
Conversations with Sponsor
Due Nov 26 Faith Sharing #2
Due Dec 19 Faith Sharing #3
Due Jan 31 Faith Sharing #4
Next Sponsor/Candidate Meeting Monday January 13, 2020 at 7:00 pm at St Lawrence in Church.
RESCHEDULED* Candidate Retreat Saturday January 18, 2020 at Crossroads from 8:30-2:30 pm
Practice for Confirmation at St Paul Church for Sponsors and Candidates is Wednesday April 15 at 6:15 pm. We will finish by 7:45 pm. (Sponsors and Candidates please attend)
Letter to the Archbishop will be written and sent as a group at least 2 weeks before Confirmation.
Interview will be scheduled with your Pastor, 1-2 weeks BEFORE confirmation.
Confirmation- Wednesday April 29, 2020 @ Cathedral, Candidates and Sponsors are to be in their seats by 6:15 pm. Last minute instructions and picture will happen before Mass. Mass begins promptly at 7:00 pm.
* Confirmation Liturgy
- Date: April 29,2020
- Time: 7:00pm (Doors open at 5:30pm, Candidates & Sponsors must be in seats no later than 6:15pm)
- Location: Cathedral
- Rehearsal: There will be a rehearsal for all candidates and Sponsors April 15, 2020 at St Paul in Church 6:15-7:45 pm
- Celebrant: Archbishop Kurtz
- Reception: After the Confirmation Mass in the Undercroft, please plan to attend.
- Attire: The absolute best you have to offer and honor our Lord! Please keep in mind this is not a fashion show, and your candidates are not there to draw attention to themselves, but to worship our God and to receive from Him the graces of a Holy Sacrament.
At a minimum:
-- Young Men: Dress slacks (no shorts or jeans), shirt and tie
-- Young Women: Modest dress, skirt or slacks (no shorts, jeans, or low-cuts), and tops with no midriffs showing and no low-cut necklines, strapless, or spaghetti straps.
- Photos: A large group photo will be taken before the Confirmation Mass, and will be available for purchase, these professional photos will be mailed to your home. Each candidate will likely have the opportunity to get a family and/or individual picture with the Archbishop in the Gym following Mass.
* Service ... Service Log available to the left
- Please document all service accomplished on your Service Log sheet. 20 hours are required.
* 10 hours must include serving your Community: Consist of serving those in our parish and helping in the life and ministry of your Saint Paul & Incarnation Parish community. (Examples may include: Children’s Church, Parish Picnic, Altar Serving, parish yard work, helping in parish office, Vacation Bible School, assisting with Fish Frys, assisting with Knights of Columbus Chicken Dinners)
* 10 additional hours of overflow from areas above or consist of serving those who are less fortunate and/or participating in the work of a non-profit service organization. (Examples may include: Harbor House, Dare to Care, St. Vincent de Paul, Hand-in-Hand Ministries, Shively Area Ministries, St. John Center, Kid’s Café, Ronald McDonald House, Southwest Area Ministries, and Franciscan Kitchen)
- Parents and sponsors are HIGHLY encouraged to participate in service opportunities WITH your
candidate in order to help model your living Catholic faith.
- There are many parish/school service opportunities for your candidates. However, it is up to each candidate/family to find opportunities to serve on their own.
- Please ensure appropriate attire is worn for the various service opportunities, especially if working with people of various cultural backgrounds. In most cases, jeans and a t-shirt/sweatshirt suffice.
* Letters to the Archbishop
- Every candidate will be asked to write a letter to the Archbishop in late March
- There will be more information on what to include in this letter at a later point.
- These will be taking place within a month or so prior to the Confirmation Mass.
- It will be your pastor (or in some cases, his delegate) conducting the interviews
- Candidates will most likely be interviewed immediately following a school day