Why I Love Religion, and Love Jesus
Confirmation Requirement Checklist
Service Log Complete Due April 2019 Submit to Amy Gaekle
Conversations with Sponsor
Due Nov 28 Faith Sharing #2
Due Dec 19 Faith Sharing #3
Due Jan 31 Faith Sharing #4
Next Sponsor/Candidate Meeting Monday January 14, 2019 at 7:00 pm at St Lawrence in Church.
Candidate Retreat Saturday January 19, 2019 at Crossroads from 8:30-2:30 pm
Practice for Confirmation at St Lawrence Church for Sponsors and Candidates is Wednesday April 10 at 6:15 pm. We will finish by 7:30 pm.
Letter to the Archbishop will be written and sent as a group at least 2 weeks before Confirmation.
Interview will be scheduled with your Pastor, 1-2 weeks BEFORE confirmation.
Confirmation- Thursday April 25 @ St Lawrence Church, Candidates and Sponsors are to be in their seats by 6:15 pm. Last minute instructions and picture will happen before Mass. Mass begins promptly at 7:00 pm.
* Confirmation Liturgy
- Date: April 25,2019
- Time: 7:00pm (Doors open at 5:30pm, Candidates & Sponsors must be in seats no later than 6:15pm)
- Location: St Lawrence
- Rehearsal: There will be a rehearsal for all candidates and Sponsors April 10, 2019 at St Lawrence in Church 6:15-7:45 pm
- Celebrant: Archbishop Kurtz
- Reception: After the Confirmation Mass in the St Lawrence Gym, please plan to attend.
- Attire: The absolute best you have to offer and honor our Lord! Please keep in mind this is not a fashion show, and your candidates are not there to draw attention to themselves, but to worship our God and to receive from Him the graces of a Holy Sacrament.
At a minimum:
-- Young Men: Dress slacks (no shorts or jeans), shirt and tie
-- Young Women: Modest dress, skirt or slacks (no shorts, jeans, or low-cuts), and tops with no midriffs showing and no low-cut necklines, strapless, or spaghetti straps.
- Photos: A large group photo will be taken before the Confirmation Mass, and will be available for purchase. Each candidate will likely have the opportunity to get a family and/or individual picture with the Archbishop in the Gym following Mass.
* Service ... Service Log available to the left
- Please document all service accomplished on your Service Log sheet. 20 hours are required.
* 10 hours must include serving your Community: Consist of serving those in our parish and helping in the life and ministry of your Saint Paul & Incarnation Parish community. (Examples may include: Children’s Church, Parish Picnic, Altar Serving, parish yard work, helping in parish office, Vacation Bible School, assisting with Fish Frys, assisting with Knights of Columbus Chicken Dinners)
* 10 additional hours of overflow from areas above or consist of serving those who are less fortunate and/or participating in the work of a non-profit service organization. (Examples may include: Harbor House, Dare to Care, St. Vincent de Paul, Hand-in-Hand Ministries, Shively Area Ministries, St. John Center, Kid’s Café, Ronald McDonald House, Southwest Area Ministries, and Franciscan Kitchen)
- Parents and sponsors are HIGHLY encouraged to participate in service opportunities WITH your
candidate in order to help model your living Catholic faith.
- There are many parish/school service opportunities for your candidates. However, it is up to each candidate/family to find opportunities to serve on their own.
- Please ensure appropriate attire is worn for the various service opportunities, especially if working with people of various cultural backgrounds. In most cases, jeans and a t-shirt/sweatshirt suffice.
* Letters to the Archbishop
- Every candidate will be asked to write a letter to the Archbishop in late March
- There will be more information on what to include in this letter at a later point.
- These will be taking place within a month or so prior to the Confirmation Mass.
- It will be your pastor (or in some cases, his delegate) conducting the interviews
- Candidates will most likely be interviewed immediately following a school day