Why I Love Religion, and Love Jesus
Confirmation Tidbits of Information
* Confirmation Liturgy
- Date: Wednesday APril 19, 2017
- Time: 7:00pm (Doors open at 5:30pm, Candidates & Sponsors must be in seats no later than6:15pm)
- Location: St Lawrence CHurch
- Rehearsal: There will be a rehearsal for all candidates the week prior during school/DiCaFF
- Celebrant: Archbishop Kurtz
- Reception: After the Confirmation Mass in the St. Lawrence Parish Hall, please plan to attend.
- Attire: The absolute best you have to offer and honor our Lord! Please keep in mind this is not a fashion show, and your candidates are not there to draw attention to themselves, but to worship our God and to receive from Him the graces of a Holy Sacrament.
At a minimum:
-- Young Men: Dress slacks (no shorts or jeans), shirt and tie (suit or sport coat would be appropriate, but not required)
-- Young Women: Modest dress, skirt or slacks (no shorts, jeans, or low-cuts), and tops with no midriffs showing and no low-cut necklines, strapless, or spaghetti straps.
- Photos: A large group photo will be taken before the Confirmation Mass, and will be available for purchase. Each candidate will likely have the opportunity to get a family and/or individual picture with the Archbishop in the church following Mass.
* Service ... Service Log available to the left
- Please document all service accomplished on your Service Log sheet. 20 hours are required.
* 10 hours must include serving your Community: Consist of serving those in our parish and helping in the life and ministry of your Saint Paul & Incarnation Parish community. (Examples may include: Children’s Church, Parish Picnic, Altar Serving, parish yard work, helping in parish office, Vacation Bible School, assisting with Fish Frys, assisting with Knights of Columbus Chicken Dinners)
* 10 additional hours of overflow from areas above or consist of serving those who are less fortunate and/or participating in the work of a non-profit service organization. (Examples may include: Harbor House, Dare to Care, St. Vincent de Paul, Hand-in-Hand Ministries, Shively Area Ministries, St. John Center, Kid’s Café, Ronald McDonald House, Southwest Area Ministries, and Franciscan Kitchen)
- Parents and sponsors are HIGHLY encouraged to participate in service opportunities WITH your
candidate in order to help model your living Catholic faith.
- There are many parish/school service opportunities for your candidates. However, it is up to each candidate/family to find opportunities to serve on their own.
- Please ensure appropriate attire is worn for the various service opportunities, especially if working with people of various cultural backgrounds. In most cases, jeans and a t-shirt/sweatshirt suffice.
* Letters to the Archbishop
- Every candidate will be asked to write a letter to the Archbishop in late March
- There will be more information on what to include in this letter at a later point.
- These will be taking place within a month or so prior to the Confirmation Mass.
- It will be your pastor (or in some cases, his delegate) conducting the interviews
- Candidates will most likely be interviewed immediately following a school day